The New Order was the name given to the political program and atheistic state religion adopted by the First Galactic Empire, and the ideology of COMPNOR, with the Grand Architect of the New Order responsible for its political message. When Sheev Palpatine proclaimed himself Emperor in front of the whole Galactic Senate, he promised that his new regime would usher in a thousand years of peace by ending the corruption and ineptitude of the old political system of democracy. The chief values of the regime, such as order, control, and the rule of law, were written on a stone spire located on Monument Plaza, Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
Conceptually, the New Order bears some similarities with the ideology of "Positive Christianity", the official religion of Nazi Germany, which, despite its name, placed a heavy emphasis on state worship while discouraging beliefs rooted in divinity.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell" (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader Annual 2: Technological Terror (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- Rise of the Rebels
- The Rebellion Begins
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious