New Plympto was a planet in the galaxy's Core Worlds that was a safe world for the Alliance to Restore the Republic. A map of the galaxy with a legend listing the various Alliance safe worlds, starfighter hubs at level five or higher, rebel operations sectors and regional headquarters, and shadow planets with deep space caches, included New Plympto.
Behind the scenesEdit
New Plympto was first mentioned in the Star Wars Legends reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I which was written by Kristin Lund and released in 2000. The world was confirmed to be canon in the reference book Ultimate Star Wars, which was released in 2015.
While in the canon continuity the world was considered a safe world for the Rebel Alliance, in the continuity of Star Wars Legends, the world was firmly under the control of the Galactic Empire during the Imperial Period.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (First pictured)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files establishes that New Plympto is a safe world. In canon, it is only known that safe world refers to a safe planet, and the list of known safe worlds only includes planets. Therefore, it can be deduced that New Plympto is a planet.
- ↑ Since The Rebel Files were buried on the same day as the Battle of Endor, which according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas takes place in 4 ABY, and because Star Wars: The Rebel Files establishes that The Rebel Files were rediscovered 30 years after the battle, it can be determined that The Rebel Files were uncovered in 34 ABY.
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide