18 standard hours
244 local days
Temperate to tropical
|Points of interest|
New Plympto was a temperate terrestrial world in the Core Worlds region populated by Nosaurians. It was discovered by Corellians in 10,019 BBY - although the Jedi Order apparently had contact with it since at least 25,000 BBY, using the native population as potential recruits. The planet was also the home world of podracer pilot Clegg Holdfast. Its capital was the city of Phemiss.
Prior to the Clone Wars, New Plympto was welcomed into the Galactic Republic as a source of rikknit eggs, the Nosaurians' chief export. However, they were denied representation in the Galactic Senate and eventually grew alienated. Soon enough, the market for rikknit eggs evaporated and New Plympto was, for all intents and purposes, abandoned by commercial interests.
With the outbreak of the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems recruited New Plympto to their cause with the promise of reviving the rikknit egg market and rebuilding the planet's economy. Jedi Master Dass Jennir led a battalion of clone troopers on New Plympto against the Nosaurian rebels but Jennir sought refuge with the Nosaurians after his clone troops received Order 66. The Hajial Chase, an old stretch of forest 400 km from Phemiss and surrounding woodlands served as shelter to renegade Nosuarians.
Following the Clone Wars, New Plympto begrudgingly became an Imperial world. The resistance was quickly and easily quashed by the Nosaurians' new Imperial masters. An Imperial governor ruled the planet from a facility on Karsten Moon, where corporate scientists conducted experiments to synthesize the drug called ji rikknit from a few captive rikknit species, though their best result was an inferior narcotic with harmful side effects.
The planet continued to be under Imperial control until the defeat of the Empire and the rise of the New Republic.
Before the Yuuzhan Vong took control of the planet, it had a population of about fifteen million living on its surface. When the Yuuzhan Vong attacked, a resistance movement under Numa Rar was formed. The Yuuzhan Vong grew tired of the fierce resistance on the planet and used a biological weapon on New Plympto, killing seven million on the surface. The planet was rendered uninhabitable.
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown (First appearance)
- Star Wars Dark Times 1: The Path to Nowhere, Part 1
- Star Wars Dark Times 2: The Path to Nowhere, Part 2
- Star Wars Dark Times 3: The Path to Nowhere, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Dark Times 4: The Path to Nowhere, Part 4
- Star Wars Dark Times: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA4, Core Worlds Overview)
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded