Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Insects were a class of arthropods. Most insects had a well-defined, segmented body that consisted of a head, a thorax, and an abdomen. However, some species had evolved into other forms, including the humanoid configuration. Insects usually had an exoskeleton, and some had wings. They could have any number of jointed limbs. The average insect, found on a million worlds, knew how to eat, reproduce, and more or less avoid dangers. There existed sentient insectoids, and those could have a variety of diets, from carnivorous and omnivorous to herbivorous and scavenger.
Behind the scenesEdit
As explained in Alien Encounters, a 1998 supplement to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, insects and arachnids in the Star Wars universe are lumped in together in the arthropod group for simplicity's sake. In real life, all insects have six segmented legs, while arachnids have eight.
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- "Lan Barell"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: 4-LOM)
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- Insect on Wikipedia