The Ruling Council was the successor of the New Republic Provisional Council. The Ruling Council was composed of the Chief of State of the New Republic and the Chairbeings of the six Councils of the New Republic Senate. If a Vote of No Confidence was brought against the Chief of State, the Ruling Council would review its legitimacy, then vote on whether or not the motion should be brought before the Senate. The Chief could bypass a vote by declaring a leave of absence and nominating one of the council to become caretaker Chief.
- Leia Organa Solo, Chief of State of the New Republic
- Behn-kihl-nahm, Chair of the Defense Council
- Doman Beruss, Chair of the Ministry Council
- Dall Thara Dru, Chair of the Commerce Council
- Borsk Fey'lya, Chair of the Justice Council
- Krall Praget, Chair of the Council on Security and Intelligence
- Rattagagech, Chair of the Science and Technology Council