The New Republic army was the branch of the New Republic's military forces concerned with ground-based tasks and operations. Following the Battle of Endor, New Republic army personnel took part in battles on numerous worlds including Naalol, Uyter, Sevarcos, Nag Ubdur, and Jakku.
New Republic army soldiers wore simple vest and utility belts. They were also equipped with rifles and blasters. Members of the New Republic army came from various different species. Some known units included the New Republic Thirty-First and the Third Recon Group.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
The New Republic army were the ground forces of the New Republic military, which originated from the Rebel Alliance's ground forces. Following the Battle of Endor, New Republic soldiers saw action during the Battle of Naalol, the Battle in Central City, and the Battle of Sevarcos in 4 ABY. Later, a ground forces unit known as the New Republic Thirty-First fought with Imperial forces on Nag Ubdur in 5 ABY. New Republic soldiers were sometimes accompanied by embedded HoloNet journalists including Tracene Kane and Lug from the Queen of the Core Network.
The army took part in the Battle of Jakku, a major battle which ended the Galactic Civil War in the New Republic's favor and led to the signing of the Galactic Concordance. During the battle, New Republic ground forces on Jakku were commanded by Lieutenant General Brockway, who corresponded with General Tyben. New Republic ground forces were landed by U-wings and lay siege to the Main Imperial base and other Imperial installations. Despite the signing of the Galactic Concordance, New Republic forces were locked in fighting against the Imperials for several months.
Rise of the First OrderEdit
About thirty years after the Battle of Endor, New Republic soldiers appeared in several training simulators where the First Order stormtrooper FN-2187 and his fellow cadets assaulted a Republic outpost. While FN-2187 was able to kill the simulated soldiers, he found himself unable to kill civilians.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Aftermath (First appearance, simultaneous with Lost Stars)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Lost Stars (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "Blade Squadron: Jakku"—Star Wars Insider 172
- Bloodline (Indirect mention only)
- Before the Awakening (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Aftermath
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Blade Squadron: Jakku
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Endor during the year 4 ABY. Shattered Empire, Part IV, which shows Shara Bey and Kes Dameron settling on Yavin 4, takes place three months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas places Bey and Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in the year 5 ABY.
The novel Aftermath says that months have passed since the Battle of Endor. Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath; therefore, the events of the former take place at least four months after the Battle of Endor. Since three months after the Battle of Endor is part of 5 ABY, as shown with Bey and Dameron's settling on Yavin 4, events of Life Debt must take place in 5 ABY at the earliest. On the other hand, the Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, leading to the conclusion that Life Debt is set in 5 ABY.
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End