- "They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors."
"Or the enemy could use them to slip through our defenses and attack Coruscant."
"These hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides and could tip the scale of the war to whomever is in possession of them. That is all."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Plo Koon
The Nexus Route was a key hyperspace route that stretched the heart of both the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems and thus was of seminal interest to both parties in their conflict, the Clone Wars. Control of the lane would have proven a major coup for either party as it would have allowed them to launch secret strikes with ease, but the coordinates were split between Jedi Master Even Piell, who fell into the hands of the Separatists, and Captain Wilhuff Tarkin. Piell shared his knowledge of his half of the coordinates with Ahsoka Tano, but the information was useless without Tarkin's half, which he refused to share with anyone other than Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue" (Mentioned only)