- "They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors."
"Or the enemy could use them to slip through our defenses and attack Coruscant."
"These hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides and could tip the scale of the war to whomever is in possession of them. That is all."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Plo Koon
The route was a strategic interest to both sides sometime during the Clone Wars, as it would have allowed either side to infiltrate each other's territories with ease. The coordinates of the Nexus Route were discovered by Jedi Master Even Piell shortly before he was captured by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and transported to the Citadel prison to be tortured for the details of the route. Piell had erased the coordinates from his ship's computer before his capture, but not before memorizing half of them and ordering his captain, Wilhuff Tarkin, to memorize the other half. Piell was killed before he could make it back to the Republic, but before dying, he told Anakin Skywalker's Padawan Ahsoka Tano about what he knew of the route and made her promise to only divulge the information to the Jedi Council. Tarkin refused to give his half of the data to anyone other than Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.20
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 5
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Annual 2012
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Who Are the Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide