|Chronological and political information|
- "We can't hold this position, but we'll leave some surprises for Black Sun before we go."
- ―Nidaljo, to a Jedi Knight
Nidaljo was a Human male police officer with the Coruscant Security Force who eventually attained the rank of sergeant. During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, he was placed in command of one of the CSF's special tactical unit, which was composed of police officers and Republic soldiers. The unit's goal was to fight violent gangs such as Black Sun and even the odds for the overwhelmed police forces. On one occasion, Nidaljo and his team—along with a Jedi Knight—were involved in a raid on the Black Sun Headquarters.
- Nidaljo: "I'll go with you—but I won't ask my men to follow."
- Corporal: "You don't have to. The Jedi's right. We can't let those scum beat us."
- Soldier: "Count me in. Always wanted to fight alongside a Jedi."
- ―Nidaljo and his men agree to help[src]
A Human male, Nidaljo served as a police officer with the Coruscant Security Force on his homeworld of Coruscant. He achieved the rank of sergeant by the time of the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. As regular beat cops became overwhelmed by the constant street warfare after the Empire's Sacking of Coruscant, a special tactical unit was formed with police officers and Republic soldiers. Nidaljo was placed in command of the unit, whose specific goal was to actively fight dangerous gangs such as the Black Sun crime syndicate.
Around 3,643 BBY, secret plans for the Republic's Planet Prison superweapon were stolen, and its designer, Doctor Tarnis, was kidnapped. Nidaljo and his men were sent by Strategic Information Service Agent Galen to the Black Sun Territory to rescue the scientist and secure the plans. However, they were overwhelmed by Black Sun's forces while breaching the Black Sun Headquarters, and Nidaljo suffered the loss of seven of his men, with four others wounded.
A Jedi Knight sent by Agent Galen was able to rally Nidaljo, who in turn encouraged the other twenty-two of his men to take the Black Sun stronghold. When the Jedi, along with Nidaljo and his unit, broke through Black Sun's defenses, they discovered that Doctor Tarnis was in actuality a Sith Lord who had tricked Black Sun's leader, Salarr, into helping him steal the plans. The Jedi and Nidaljo attempted to arrest Salarr, but he resisted and was killed. Nidaljo knew that the CSF would be unable to retain the territory that they had just fought over and won. However, his fighting spirit renewed, he and his men set several traps to sabotage further efforts made by Black Sun to hold on to the area.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Look at us. We're half-dead, and they didn't suffer a single casualty. There's no hope of victory."
- ―Nidaljo, after his unit was routed by Black Sun forces
Fair-skinned with dark blond hair and dark blue eyes, Nidaljo was a loyal cop and a good commanding officer. However, the years of constant street warfare in the aftermath of the Sacking of Coruscant had left him embittered and demoralized. Nevertheless, though faced with seemingly overwhelming odds, through some encouragement Nidaljo was able to rally himself and his men to complete their mission against Black Sun.
Behind the scenesEdit
Nidaljo appears in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) by BioWare released on December 20, 2011, as part of "The Rescue" Jedi Knight class quest. The player can choose not to rally Nidaljo and his men and subsequently receive dark side points.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "The Rescue" on Coruscant
- ↑ Using comments and information from Star Wars: The Old Republic 8: The Lost Suns, Part 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3,643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3,642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3,641 BBY.