|Chronological and political information|
Nield's cousin was a female Human Daan from the planet of Melida/Daan. She was left to take care of her younger cousin Nield at age fourteen when Nield's mother, Leidra, went off to fight in a battle against the Melida and died. Nield and his cousin escaped to the planet's capital city of Zehava during a later Melida invasion, where they stayed for several years. When she was seventeen years old and Nield was eight, she was forced to fight in a Daan attack on the Melida sector, in which she perished.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Defenders of the Dead (First mentioned)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Uncertain Path (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Jedi Apprentice: The Defenders of the Dead
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In Jedi Apprentice: The Defenders of the Dead, Nield is said to be eight years old when his seventeen-year-old cousin dies. Qui-Gon Jinn observes that Nield is "about the same age" as his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi, whose birth year is confirmed to be 57 BBY ( Leland Chee's StarWars.com Blog (content now obsolete; backup link on WebCite)). This places Nield's eighth birthday in approximately 49 BBY, meaning his cousin was born c. 66 BBY.
- ↑ Jedi Apprentice: The Uncertain Path