Nightwatcher worms, also known as Arconan night terrors and sandborers, were a little-documented species of nocturnal sand-boring worms native to the planet Jakku. Mature specimens topped 20 meters in length, although some were reputed to be much larger. According to the scavengers of Jakku, nightwatchers remained under the sands motionless, but at the slightest vibration from something moving on the surface, they sprung up out of the sand and snapped onto their preys. With their triangular heads featuring large red eyes, nightwatchers bore a passing resemblance to the Arcona, a sentient species with a humanoid body. They could eat anything, since their mouthparts could grind metal into scrap, and their stomachs generated acid to melt down anything they could not digest.
Following the Attack on Tuanul, the astromech droid BB-8 was spied upon by one such worm. The nightwatcher rose from its burrow and squinted its red eyes, making a curious sound as the BB unit rolled by.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "BB-8 Bandits"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Nightwatcher worm, simultaneous with Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide)
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (First identified as Nightwatcher worm, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- ↑ Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ . “Apparently, that sand monster with the red eyes on Jakku is a looooot bigger than we expected. #ForcesofDestiny #swco”