The oldest member of the team, "Gramps" was a survival expert. Sant was a leading member of a group of soldiers who, in the beginning of the Galactic Civil War, devised plans for the Rebellion's guerrilla-like attacks and key targets in the Galactic Empire.
He also helped assemble the Endor strike team. When an Ewok stole a speeder bike, three scout troopers followed, leaving one at the shield generator. The Rebels captured the scout, and Nik Sant disguised himself by putting on the scout trooper armor. Unfortunately, he was later captured by the Imperials, and was held hostage along with the other members of the strike team.
Behind the scenesEdit
Nik Sant was named after Saint Nicholas/Santa Claus, a reference to his long white beard. In 2016, at a screening of the second season finale of Star Wars Rebels, executive producer Dave Filoni speculated that the "bearded old guy on Endor" - Nik Sant - was actually Rex.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Endor Scout Trooper)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: I Hope She's All Right) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Rapid Deployment)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Tatooine Limited (Card: The Shield Is Down!) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (REB7–8, Rebel Troops) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 44 (END12, The Battle of Endor) (First identified as Nik Sant)
- Empire of Dreams
Notes and references Edit
- ↑ Sciretta, Peter (2016-03-30). A 'Star Wars' Animated Character Might've Appeared in a Live-Action Star Wars Movie?. /Film. Retrieved on April 1, 2016.