- "The Niktos served the Hutts for centuries. They've never had a truly independent government of their own. Hardly even a world of their own, really."
The Nikto were a humanoid sentient species native to the planet Kintan. They were identified by their two subspecies, the Kadas'sa'Nikto (green Nikto) and the Kajain'sa'Nikto (red Nikto), which were both well acclimated to desert climates. Many Kajain'sa'Nikto were employed by the Hutt Clan as enforcers during the Clone Wars, and several green and red Nikto served the crime lord Jabba the Hutt shortly before the Battle of Endor. Some Nikto were members of the Jedi Order, such as the male Kajain'sa'Nikto Jedi Master Ima-Gun Di.
The Nikto originated from Kintan. At some point in time their homeplanet was discovered and taken over by the Hutts, who enslaved their race. Some Niktos were appointed as guards and thugs for their Hutt overlords and became a common sight in most of their enslavers' entourages.
Some time after the death of Jabba the Hutt, the Niktos managed to break free from their oppressors and at least one Nikto cartel existed during the New Republic's existence. It was led by a Kajain'sa'Nikto named Rinnrivin Di.
- (First identified as Nikto)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Ghosts of Dathomir (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Ban'kosh"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Bloodline
- ↑ Star Wars Annual 3
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ "Mercy Mission"—The Rise of the Empire
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith