|Chronological and political information|
- "Attention, citizens! I am Grand Moff Nivers. This planet is now under control of the Empire! You will work for the Empire… or you will suffer!"
- ―Nivers addresses the citizens of Tandankin
Grand Moff Nigel Nivers was a Human male who served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. In the weeks after the Imperial defeat at the Battle of Endor, Nivers controlled a region of space in the Outer Rim Territories. He moved to subjugate the planet Tandankin, a world within his domain, and conscript its population as workers for the Empire, but his efforts were thwarted by the members of the Alliance Rogue Squadron. Nivers's brief occupation of Tandankin collapsed when the Grand Moff was detained by the Alliance.
Nigel Nivers was a Human male who served as a Grand Moff of the Galactic Empire. Weeks after the Battle of Endor, a significant Rebel victory in the Alliance's war against the Empire, Nivers moved to take control of the planet Tandankin, an Outer Rim world located in the region of space under his authority. After claiming the world in the name of the Imperial government, he announced to Tandankin's citizens that they would either serve the Empire as workers or face severe consequences.
His speech was cut short, however, when the X-wing starfighters of the Alliance's Rogue Squadron suddenly appeared in the skies above Tandankin and opened fire on Nivers's forces, much to the excitement of the planet's beleaguered populace. After a relatively short engagement, which saw the destruction of the Grand Moff's force of TIE fighters before they could even deploy, the Rebels managed to capture Nivers and the remaining Imperials. Nivers's short-lived occupation of the planet, less than a day old, was brought to an end.
Personality and traitsEdit
A white-haired Grand Moff of the Empire, Nivers controlled an area of space that included Tandankin. When he moved to impose authority over the population of the world, Nivers declared that the citizens would either work for the Imperial regime or suffer under it.
Behind the scenesEdit
Grand Moff Nivers appeared in the X-wing Rogue Squadron: Apple Jacks Special Bonus Story, a comic book written by Ryder Windham that was originally released in 1996 as part of an Apple Jacks promotion by the Kellogg Company. Nivers later received an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, published in 2008.
Nivers was briefly mentioned in the original version of the Star Wars Insider 66 article Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals, titled Dirty Dozen: Imperial Grand Admirals and slated for inclusion in an issue of the Star Wars Gamer magazine. In Dirty Dozen, Nivers was noted as being one of the "worthy adversaries" whom Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus saw among the Grand Moffs. The reference was cut by the time Who's Who was released in 2003. Nivers' first name of "Nigel" was given in the Star Wars Blog article "The Imperial Warlords: Despoilers of an Empire."
- X-wing Rogue Squadron: Apple Jacks Special Bonus Story (First appearance)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 126 (PRO2, Proton Torpedoes)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Nivers, Grand Moff")
- (First identified as Nigel Nivers)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 X-wing Rogue Squadron: Apple Jacks Special Bonus Story
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 384 ("Nivers, Grand Moff")
- ↑ Based on a Microsoft Word document of the original Who's Who article slated to appear in Star Wars Gamer
- ↑ "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66