Nomad City was a mobile mining facility owned by Lando Calrissian. It was located on the small, mineral-rich world of Nkllon. Nomad City was built from an old Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser, which was mounted on top of forty captured AT-AT walkers. The city would constantly move to remain on Nkllon's night side.
In 9 ABY, the forces of Grand Admiral Thrawn raided Nomad City to steal mole miners for the attack on Sluis Van. Later on in his campaign, Thrawn sent three Katana Fleet Dreadnaughts to attack Nomad City in its subsequent destruction, and stole four months of valuable minerals. Nomad City was damaged, and no longer able to move. The workers were evacuated with the help of Garm Bel Iblis, but he and Lando could not convince Republic Admiral Hiram Drayson to lend a ship to repair the facility. Nevertheless, Nomad City was repaired and rescued... only for Calrissian to lose it in a Sabacc game.
- "Buyer's Market"—Star Wars Insider 126 (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command
- Jedi Search (Mentioned only)
- Vision of the Future (Indirect mention only)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons