The Norulac Freebooters were a group of pirates originating on the Inner Rim planet of Norulac, and known to be active in that area beginning a few years prior to the Battle of Yavin, if not earlier. They were infamous for their regular raids on the agricultural planet of Taanab, lasting until 0 ABY, when Lando Calrissian happened to be in the system at the time. With the gambler at their helm, the local defense fleet decisively won the Battle of Taanab, capturing or destroying nearly all the Freebooters. Rumor has it Calrissian won the deed to a Clendoran brewery for his trouble.
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Galaxy of Fear: The Nightmare Machine (Mentioned only)
- "The Unseen Planets of Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 36
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Chronology
- Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
- The Essential Guide to Warfare