| General information
The Nuruodo family, or House Nuruodo, was a Chiss kin-group from Naporar, one of the Ruling Families of the Chiss Ascendancy. It was responsible for foreign policy and military affairs, including the command of the Chiss Expansionary Defense Force and the phalanxes.
According to a study produced by the University of Sanbra in the last years of the New Republic, the Nuruodo lineage was then one of four Ruling Families within the Chiss oligarchy. The results of this study indicated that they had oversight over military affairs and foreign policy, making them the second most important of the Families, after the Csapla Family. It was believed that the majority of contact that outsiders had with the Chiss was with agents from the Nuruodo family.
More than fifty years earlier, in 27 BBY, the young Thrawn remarked that the Second Ruling Family had some sort of formal authority over military officers of the Chiss Expansionary Defense Force, and considering their numbering and sphere of authority, it is likely that this was the same Family later identified as House Nuruodo. However, at this date, the Second Ruling Family shared these duties with the Eighth Ruling Family, and the overall number of Ruling Families was nine—a situation that apparently held steady until 22 ABY or later.
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 2: Curse of the Black Hole Pirates
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 3: Duel at Shattered Rock
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key
- Red Sky, Blue Flame"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Chiss"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Unknown Regions
- The Essential Atlas