Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
During an exchange with the Trandoshan slavers that supplied the slaves, Nyklas discovered that Ssoh's starship had been disabled. Nyklas ordered his TIE/LN starfighters under the command of Lieutenant Han Solo to destroy the ship, but Solo belayed the strike order when he discovered the Wookiees onboard. Nyklas ordered Solo and his pilots to kill the survivors, but instead Solo delivered the leader of the revolt, a Wookiee named Chewbacca. Infuriated, Nyklas ostensibly removed Solo's flying privileges.
Returning to Coruscant, Nyklas whipped Chewbacca regularly, regardless of his performance. When Chewbacca rose up in anger against Nyklas, the Imperial commander drew his blaster and was only stopped from shooting the Wookiee by Solo. As the pair fled, Nyklas filed Solo's dishonorable discharge papers and swore revenge on them. However, Nyklas never obtained a chance as Solo and Chewbacca contributed to the downfall of the Galactic Empire Nyklas served.
Nyklas was described as being the stereotypical cruel Imperial. He was a believer in High Human Culture and saw the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer as a license to kill. His ship, the Flanchard, frequently handled slaving runs, a duty that Nyklas loved even though most other ship captains loathed it.
- The Hutt Gambit (First mentioned)
- Scoundrels (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Journal: Hero for Hire (Indirect mention only)
- Chewbacca 2 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 17 (SOL2, Han Solo)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Pter)
- "Star Wars: Revenge of the Quiz"—Star Wars Insider 148
- "Han Solo: Smuggler, Scoundrel and Reluctant Rebel!"—Star Wars Magazine 3 (Indirect mention only)