Nyx Okami was a young mechanic who lived in the lower levels of Coruscant during the Clone Wars. During this time, he encountered and became romantically involved with former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano.
- Nyx: "Hey Pintu! I was just coming to see you! I've been helping a new client rebuild her speeder. I was waiting for her to pay me the last few credits she owed me."
- Pintu: "So, where's my money?"
- Nyx: "I'm a few credits short."
- Pintu: "Then this is going to hurt pretty bad Okami..."
- ―Nyx, failing to talk his way out of trouble.[src]
At one point in time, Nyx had borrowed money from Pintu, a moneylender with harsh punishments for delayed payments. Some time later, during the Clone Wars, Nyx got an unexpected visit by a young Togruta called Ahsoka Tano who crash-landed her speeder bike on the landing pad of his his shop. After introducing themselves, Ahsoka wanted Nyx to repair her bike. Suddenly, Pintu came barging into the shop with two henchmen. Pintu demanded to receive his overdue payment from Nyx, but the latter tried to wriggle his way out by saying that the payment was coming soon. Pintu was not convinced and made his two bodyguards teach Okami a lesson. A fight broke out and Nyx was outmatched so he pleaded to Ahsoka to get help. She bargained with him instead and asked to have the bike repaired and to live there free of charge. Nyx was at first hesitant, but after getting beaten some more he agreed to her deal. Ahsoka was quickly able to chase them away with Pintu declaring that it was not over. Afterwards, they became fast allies, confronting crime in the criminal underworld of Coruscant, and may have even formed a romantic relationship, though it ultimately amounted to nothing.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Nyx was also an attempt, I wanted to have an Asian male lead in Clone Wars, and he was gonna be kind of a character bringing that to the forefront."
- ―Dave Filoni
Prior to the cancellation of The Clone Wars TV series, Nyx Okami was to appear in a four-episode arc starring Ahsoka Tano. During the "Ahsoka's Untold Tales" panel at Celebration Europe in 2016, Dave Filoni said that Nyx was an attempt to bring an Asian male lead to the forefront of a series.