- "Beyond Tython, they settled first on Kalimahr, jewel of the Tython system, then Shikaakwa, the outlaw world, then on the forest planet Ska Gora, and on the moons of the Giants—Obri and Mawr—and even the outermost planet, cold Furies Gate."
- ―Ketu, of the non–Force-sensitive Tythans
Obri was a gas giant planet with three moons that was located within the Tython system of the galaxy's Deep Core region. Obri and Mawr—another gas giant of the star system—were collectively referred to by the settlers of the Tython system as "the Giants." More than thirty-six thousand years before the Battle of Yavin, the non–Force-sensitive settlers of the planet Tython colonized Obri's moons. By 25,793 BBY, gas-mining facilities had also been established within the atmosphere of the planet itself.
Obri was a gas giant–type planet that was located within the Tython system of the galaxy's Deep Core region. The planet occupied the ninth orbital position around its sun, Tythos, while three moons—including the cold, volcanic Zerist—rotated around the planet in turn. Obri and Mawr—the tenth planet of the star system and also a gas giant—were collectively referred to by the settlers of the Tython system as "the Giants."
When the non–Force-sensitive settlers of Tython—the fifth planet of the system—traveled to its neighboring worlds more than a millennium after the year 36,453 BBY, they colonized the moons of Obri. By 25,793 BBY, gas-mining facilities within the planet's atmosphere had also been established. In that year, Ketu—a Temple Master of the mystic Je'daii Order—told the Padawan learners Harun and Resi the history of the Tython system, and mentioned the colonization of Obri's natural satellites, amid other events. By that time, former followers of Hadiya—the deposed queen of the planet of Shikaakwa—were hiding on Obri's moons, on which mining operations had also been established by that time.
Behind the scenesEdit
Obri was first pictured in the entry for Tython in The Holonet feature of the official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic—a 2011 massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare. The gas giant was depicted in a schematic of the Tython system. Since its establishment in 2008, The Old Republic's website has gone through a number of changes, resulting in the removal of some of the features and images that were originally located there, including the aforementioned schematic. The Tython system—and therefore Obri—was placed in grid square L-10 by The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published on August 18, 2009. Obri's name and additional information on it were provided in Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0, a preview issue of the Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published on February 1, 2012 and was written by John Ostrander and penciled by Jan Duursema. The planet was also mentioned in the first and the ninth issue of the series, which were published on February 15 of year 2012 and March 27 of year 2013, respectively, and also received a mention in the short story Eruption that was authored by Ostrander and published in the one-hundred-forty-first issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine.
- "Eruption"—Star Wars Insider 141 (Mentioned only)
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (Mentioned only)
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dawn of the Jedi: The Prisoner of Bogan 4 (Indirect mention only)
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Eruption"—Star Wars Insider 141
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1
- ↑ Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Manning, Shaun (2011-10-13, 1:52 pm PDT). NYCC EXCLUSIVE: Ostrander and Duursema Unveil "Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi". Comic Book Resources. comicbookresources.com. Retrieved on January 4, 2013. "[..] the series really gets going with events just prior to the Force Wars, which began in 25,793 BBY."
- ↑ Dawn of the Jedi: The Prisoner of Bogan 4