456 local days
Frozen desert, mountains, frozen oceans
|Points of interest|
Representative Council (Independent)
High-tech, luxury goods
Ecologically, the world was a terrestrial mix of tundras, mountains, grasslands and deserts. A standard day was 26 standard hours and a standard year 456 local days.
The reputation that had developed over the centuries was that the complete knowledge of the galaxy had been gathered within the computers of Obroa-skai's information repositories. Obroa-skai was also home to a large collection of Jedi-related antiquities which were destroyed by the Imperial Security Bureau.
In 16,782 BBY, the Celebratus Archive was founded on Obroa-skai with the goal of collecting the complete data records of over 300,000 species, providing a boon to scholars and ensuring the planet's reputation as a library world.
By 4 ABY, Obroa-skai had become an Imperial fortress world. However, it was abandoned by the Empire during the following year, and by 7 ABY it was considered to be a stronghold of the New Republic.
The Obroans kept their planet neutral during the Galactic Civil War, despite heavy petitioning by the New Republic in 9 ABY. Obroa-skai's expansive library of galactic information and numerous academic institutions drew Grand Admiral Thrawn to raid its central computer system. The data acquired gave Thrawn the hidden location of Wayland, while the raid also served as part of a distraction technique used on the New Republic forces prior to the Battle of Sluis Van.
Obroa-skai was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong during their invasion of the Galaxy, and a yammosk was installed in the planet's mantle. Much was lost from the archives, but hardcopies of key items were saved before the assault. The Yuuzhan Vong kept many of the copies intact, at least until they could fully translate them. As such, much of the planet's buildings were kept intact despite heavy Vongforming on other areas of the world. Obroa-skai was later liberated from the Vong, and the yammosk was destroyed.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mistakes and inconsistenciesEdit
The planet's name is repeatedly misspelled as "Obra-skai" in Before the Storm. Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide likewise misspells the planet as "Obra-Skai."
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- The Last Command (Mentioned only)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- Shield of Lies (Mentioned only)
- Tyrant's Test
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- Star by Star
- Destiny's Way
- Ylesia (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (as "Obra-Skai")
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 16 (PLA12, Planets of the Inner Rim)
- Hero's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Guide to Warfare