An Observation deck was a location often found on Starships and Space stations, containing a viewport, where the crew could directly observe the surrounding environment. It could also be referred to as an Observation dome, Observation blister, or Observation platform. Some stations and larger starships had purpose-built observation decks, but often, smaller spacecraft lacked a dedicated observation deck and utilized the cockpit for the same function. The observation deck was fundamentally a form of passive sensor collection.
Notable locations include the Emperor's throne room on board the first and second Death Star, the surgery suite on board the Redemption, and the General's quarters atop of the Wizard's Tower on board the Invisible Hand.
- Outbound Flight (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The Force Unleashed (novel)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "MOB")