- "Halt! Cease all hostilities. This man is to be escorted to the palace by order of the queen."
- ―An observation droid, to the Zygerrians
The observation droid was a model of probe droid saw use during the Clone Wars. It was capable of speech to relay messages and was employed by the Zygerrians of the Zygerrian Slave Empire, as well as by the Coruscant Security Force.
- "Send out the probes. I want them found now!"
- ―Anakin Skywalker
After Jedi Knights Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi along with Padawan Ahsoka Tano and clone trooper captain Rex arrived on the planet Zygerria to find the missing Togruta colonists from the planet Kiros, Skywalker got into a dispute with Prime Minister of Zygerria, Atai Molec, after Ahsoka prevented him from whipping one of his slaves.
Skywalker then told the Zygerrian that he had news about Bruno Denturri for the queen, Miraj Scintel, but the Zygerrian did not believe him. As the Zygerrian wanted to punish Skywalker, a cam droid intervened and told them to cease all hostilities and escort the Jedi to the queen.
These probe droids were used in the search for Ahsoka Tano after she escaped from prison to the Coruscant underworld. They were carried on the Republic police gunships used in the search, and when Anakin Skywalker saw Tano and Asajj Ventress running away from him on terminal 24, he sent several droids after the pair to find them. Later, one droid identified Tano while she was using a public communicator box on Level 1312. It relayed her location to Commander Wolffe who tried to arrest her with several members of the Coruscant Guard. Tano, however, escaped from them.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- (First identified as observation droid)