- "The arrival of the Mon Calamari city-ships was a shocking (and perhaps, given our limited effectiveness against the occupation of Mon Cala, undeserved) boon, emphasizing the significance of winning the hearts of the galaxy's civilians above all else."
- ―Mon Mothma, in "Short Notes on the History of the Rebel Alliance Navy"
The occupation of Mon Cala began when the planet Mon Cala, the shared homeworld of the Mon Calamari and Quarren species, was brutally subjugated by the Galactic Empire as punishment for its rebel sympathies. In retaliation, the Mon Calamari became one of the key species of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, supplying capital ships to the Alliance Fleet, despite its limited effectiveness against the occupation.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel (First identified as occupation of Mon Cala) (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide