- "Rex, we've got to take out these walkers. I'll take one, you take the other."
"Don't worry, General. The boys and I can handle it. Hunter, Wrecker, you're with me."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Rex
The Octuptarra combat tri-droid, also known as the Octuptarra droid or magna tri-droid, was a model of large, three legged battle droid manufactured by the Techno Union. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars.
Mounted on their rotating head were three powerful laser cannons, which proved effective against infantry.  In addition, their powerful legs allowed them to scale steep surfaces. However, they toppled over helplessly if even one of their limbs was severed. The droids used on Mygeeto had their laser cannons replaced with belt fed missile launchers, along with having a different style of limbs. On Utapau, a smaller version of the droid was used. The tri-droids deployed on Skako Minor were equipped with an engine at their waist, which generated enough thrust to allow them to hover many meters above the ground.
- "Still showing off, eh, General?"
"You know me, Echo."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Echo, as the former prepares to take on a tri-droid single-handedly on Skako Minor
The Octuptarra combat tri-droid was manufactured by the Techno Union, who often fielded them in battle. These droids were deployed during the Battle of Christophsis, where they were used to great effect against the Republic army's clones, though they were destroyed due to the intervention of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and the 501st Legion. Later in the battle, several of them were stationed outside of the separatist deflector shield. Several tri-droids guarded the city of Purkell, the Techno Union's headquarters, on Skako Minor. In the waning days of the war, these droids were deployed during the battles of Utapau and Mygeeto.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First identified as Octuptarra combat tri-droid)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "On the Wings of Keeradaks"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- (First identified as tri-droid)
- (First identified as Octuptarra droid)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Octuptarra combat tri-droid)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"