Odessen was a planet located in the Unknown Regions with a strong connection to the Force. A world with significant oceans and mountainous continents, Odessen had a mild climate and a variety of native wildlife among its forested terrain. In 3632 BBY, The Outlander, aided by Lana Beniko and Theron Shan, used Odessen as the base of operations for The Alliance, the resistance movement against the Eternal Empire and their occupation of both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic. The planet would remain its capital when the Alliance reformed into the Eternal Alliance after it won the war over Zakuul.
Its strength in The Force was uniquely balanced, unlike Tython, Korriban or Yavin 4 making it well suited for a large number of Jedi and Sith to coexist without disrupting the natural balance of the planet or creating disturbances in the Force, which would draw the Eternal Empire to the base of the Alliance. Lana Beniko felt drawn to the planet by the Force and discovered this uncharted planet for use as the Alliance base.
Satele Shan lived in exile in the wilderness of this planet after the Republic surrendered to the Eternal Empire, where she communed with the Force ghost of Darth Marr. At one point, the two worked together to teach the Outlander ways to best fight Arcann and prepare the Outlander for the inevitable battle with the new, and former, Emperor of Zakuul.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- ↑ Odessen's placement on the in-game map puts it level with Fondor, which is located in grid L-13, and it is located one spiral in from the outermost spiral, which would be at F-13 by the map in The Essential Atlas.