|Office of the Chief of State|
| General information
The Office of the Chief of State or Chief of State's Office was the combined aides, staff, and government organizations directly subordinate to the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances Chief of State. In this capacity, the Office served as the executive branch of the Galactic Alliance. The term was also used, though rarely so, as a description for the position and institution of the Chief of State.
The Office of the Chief of State was lead by the Chief of State with the Chief of Staff serving as an administrative assistant. Up until the Swarm War the Office was lead by the High Council under the direction of the Chief of State. However, after the conclusion of the war the High Council was discontinued and the Galactic Alliance Advisory Council became the chief advising organ of the Chief of State's Office. The Office included the Galactic Alliance bureaucracy such as the Department of Justice and the Galactic Alliance Treasury, as well as military and security forces such as the Galactic Alliance Defense Force and Galactic Alliance Security.
The leaders of several other organizations reported directly to the Chief of State.
- Director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence
- Head of Galactic Alliance Security
- Supreme Commander
- Finance Secretary
- Security Secretary
- Minister of State
- Minister of Justice
Ministries, departments, the military, and other organizations were organized under the Office of Chief of State.
- Advisory Council
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of Justice
- Department of Public Protection
- Finance Council
- High Council (Dissolved in 36 ABY)
- Galactic Alliance Defense Force
- Galactic Alliance Guard (Active 40 ABY–41 ABY)
- Galactic Alliance Intelligence Service
- Galactic Alliance Security
- Galactic Alliance Treasury
- Galactic City Authority
- Ministry of State
- Reconstruction Authority
- Special Operations office
- Public Affairs Office
- The New Jedi Order served in an advisory capacity to the Office of the Chief of State
- The Court of Justice, while a separate branch of the government, its judges could be assigned and dismissed by the Chief of State. Specifically, the Chief could establish various courts including the Court of Jedi Affairs.
- Various councils of the Galactic Alliance Senate, while not answerable to the Chief of State, served in advisory capacities.
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines (First appearance)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- ↑ It is established in Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines that the Coruscant Security Force answers to the Chief of States Office. In Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice it is established that the CSF responds to the Department of Public Protection and that they provide bodyguard protection for the Chief of State. They are temporarily relieved of this duty by the Galactic Alliance Guard. Fate of the Jedi: Backlash confirmed the CSF continued to protect the Chief of State. However other novels suggest that this duty was also performed by Galactic Alliance Security. Their official takeover of the Chief of State's security was confirmed in Vortex.
- ↑ Galaxy of Intrigue
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines
- ↑ Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Abyss