Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Office of the Supreme Chancellor or Supreme Chancellor's Office has two meanings. The first refers to the institution and position of the Supreme Chancellor itself.
The second, more common, meaning is the combined aides, staff, and government organizations directly subordinate to the Chancellor. It could therefore be considered a combination of executive cabinet and personal staff to the Chancellor, and as the de facto (if not de jure) executive branch of the Galactic Republic.
The Office of the Chancellor had both official, standing subsections/positions, and positions and officials which each Chancellor brought to his/her Office. The Judicial Department, Chancellor's Guard, Senior Administrative Aide, and presumably the Republic Measures & Standards Bureau, were all standing bodies of the Office of the Supreme Chancellor, regardless of who held the office. It is not clear if the Jedi High Council and the Vice Chair (a position with its own office) also were standing members of the Office.
After the Republic was reorganized into the Galactic Empire by Palpatine, and by extension, the title Supreme Chancellor altered into Galactic Emperor, the office was renamed the Office of the Emperor.
During the last decades of the Republic, Frix served as Supreme Chancellor before Kalpana succeeded him. Frix's office allowed a lot of corruption to enter the senate and number of greedy delegates increased.
During the rule of Finis Valorum as Supreme Chancellor, the Office of Supreme Chancellor became very unpopular and Valorum's administration was removed by a Vote of No Confidence put forward by Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo.
Members of the Office under Finis Valorum included:
Organizations under the Chancellorship of Finis Valorum included:
- Bureau of Ships and Services
- Coruscant Health Administration
- Coruscant Ministry of Ingress
- Jedi High Council
- Judicial Department
- Ministry of Science
- Trade Commission (possibly)
- Republic Domestic Security
- Republic Measures & Standards Bureau
- Republic Spacelane Bureau
- Senate Bureau of Intelligence
- Senate Guard committee
- Senate Support Services
During the tenure of Chancellor Palpatine, the authority and composition of the Office were greatly expanded, due to the numerous crises of the time. At the dawn of the New Order, the Office of the Supreme Chancellor consisted of:
- Sim Aloo, Advisor
- Mas Amedda, Vice Chair of the Senate
- Kinman Doriana, Administrative Aide
- Janus Greejatus, Advisor
- Armand Isard, Director of the Senate Bureau of Intelligence
- Ishin-Il-Raz, COMPOR Director
- Jannie Ha'Nook, Senator of Glithnos
- Sly Moore, Staff Aide
- Sate Pestage, Chairman of the Senate Executive Agenda
- Tannon Praji, First Minister of Coruscant Ministry of Ingress
- Anakin Skywalker, Representative to the Jedi Council
- Crueya Vandron, Advisor
- Dar Wac, Executive Administrator
Organizations added under Palpatine included:
- Loyalist Committee
- Commission for the Protection of the Republic
- Homeworld Security Command
- Red Guard
- Republic High Command
- War Council Advisory Panel
- Star Wars 13: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Outbound Flight
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:3:29"—Star Wars Insider 76 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader