- "Thank the maker! This oil bath is going to feel so good. I've got such a bad case of dust contamination, I can barely move!"
An oil bath was a means of removing accumulated grime, such as dust, from a droid.
After traveling through the desert of Tatooine and being captured by Jawa scavengers, the protocol droid C-3PO was purchased by Owen Lars, who turned the droid over to the care of Luke Skywalker. Skywalker, noticing the heavy dust contamination on C-3PO, gave him an oil bath, which delighted him.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III (Mentioned only)