One of the few places where Lothal's old frontier spirit still survived, Old Jho's Pit Stop was a remote repair facility and docking bay located in the heart of a small outpost informally known as "Jhothal," both of which were named after the facility's owner, an Ithorian named Jho. Located hours from Capital City, the Pit Stop's main attraction was a quaint cantina where Old Jho served drinks, popular with locals and travelers alike, beneath which was a storeroom. A holoprojector was mounted on the wall behind the bar. Jho kept his antiquated hauler beaneath a tarp behind the Pit Stop. Although a very friendly bar owner, the Ithorian kept a hunting blaster under the counter in case of troublemarkers.
Many of Jho's furnishing were made from repurposed goods, such as lamps built from pit droids and an overhead fan made out of a gunship engine, as well as repurposed Moisture vaporator tanks. Scavenged relics from the Clone Wars were scattered around the bar to remind patrons of the galaxy's wartime history, including a Phase I clone trooper helmeton a shelf behind the bar and what appeared to be the nose of a Low Altitude Assault Transport known as the Crumb Bomber, which Jho claimed was authentic, was mounted above its hangar bay entrance. The repair facility's signage, written in a combination of Outer Rim Basic and Aurebesh, was featured on a pair of LAAT/i wing attached on either side of the gunship's nose.
The Pit Stop was said to be the only place on Lothal where one could enjoy refreshments while their vehicle's power converters were being changed. Unlike some, Jho did not discriminate, and as long as one had credits to spare, he would serve whatever a customer wanted, which included humans, humanoids, and even droids, whether it was bantha milk or lubricator fluid. However, Old Jho's Pit Stop was not particularly Empire-friendly, ignoring an Imperial mandate that the HoloNet News be played at all times. Despite this, TIE fighter pilots and other Imperials could still be found there. The Pit stop offered a discreet meeting place to smugglers, gamblers, and the occasional Imperial.
Jho served simple meals and drinks such as spicebrew, ice-cold fizzy, and ice water, as well as deserts such as space waffles and Muja sauce, minced Loth-rat pie, Jogan fruit cake, blue milk custard, and spiced nysillin tea. After Jho was executed for aiding the Rebellion in 1 BBY, the bar was taken over by Baron Valen Rudor, who turned it into a haunt popular with Imperial personnel.
In 1 BBY, Jho was executed for attempting to help suspected members of a rebel cell. His bar was seized by the Empire, and given to Baron Valen Rudor, who converted the cantina into a place that was popular among Imperial personnel.While eluding Imperial forces, Ezra along with Sabine visited Jho's former cantina only to learn about Jho's execution. Before Rudor could question the visitors, an old friend Jai Kell paid for their drinks. Kell had already joined Ryder Azadi's Lothal resistance and led the Spectres to Ryder's rendezvous point.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day" (First appearance)
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Star Wars Rebels – "Idiot's Array"
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice (Indirect mention only)
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Ezra's Duel with Danger
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know