The planet's surface was covered with honeycomb-like cities, of which were built by the Omwati and devoted to advancing the sciences, arts, and technologies of their species. Despite the Omwati's growing technological sophistication, Omwat's natural resources were used sparingly, in order to avoid overwhelming them.
Sometime in 4000 BBY, a group of indigenous Omwati established a small but successful colony on Coruscant. Their homeworld of Omwat was long forgotten by the galactic community, until its rediscovery by Wilhuff Tarkin in 25 BBY.
Omwat was the site of a battle in 20 BBY. The planet was later subjugated by Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin. Tarkin abducted a number of Omwati children from the planet to be trained as superweapon think-tank geniuses in an orbiting center.
At some point between 0 ABY and 4 ABY, the Omwati achieved space travel via the creation of a hyperdrive, and contacted their Coruscant kin. Omwat eventually joined the New Republic. Under the New Republic's rule, the Omwati developed their own Force tradition, which was taught on Omwat.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars Galaxies (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Search (First mentioned)
- Dark Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Children of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Issue 56
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 56 (OUT1, Outer Rim Wolrds)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 139 (WOR1, Worlds of the Clone Wars)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook