Onaconda Farr was a male Rodian politician that served as the Senator of Rodia in the last years of the Galactic Republic. In the early days of the Clone Wars, Senator Farr felt compelled to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems in order to secure much needed supplies for his planet. Farr subsequently rejoined the Republic when he regretted his actions, and with the help of his friend, Senator Padmé Amidala, after captured Viceroy of the Trade Federation Nute Gunray. Farr was then able to secure Republic aid for his people.
Senator Farr remained a staunch Republic loyalist for the remainder of the war and was noted for his involvement in several attempts at ending the conflict, along with a group of senators that included Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa, and Mon Mothma. Farr was murdered by his personal aide and Rodian Representative, Lolo Purs amidst a debate regarding the Republic military enhancement bill, motivated by how Farr had brought war to Rodia.
Onaconda Farr was a male Rodian, who by 32 BBY, represented Rodia as a senator in the Galactic Senate of the Galactic Republic, and was accompanied by his aides Pa Dua and Tox Don. He was also Ruwee Naberrie's strongest ally in the Galactic Senate, gaining the affectionate nickname of "Uncle Ono" by Naberrie's daughter, Padmé Amidala, who would become the Queen of Naboo.
The invasion of NabooEdit
During the invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, Senator Farr and his aides were present in the Galactic Senate Chamber when Queen Amidala arrived on Coruscant to plead for Republic aid. After several objections to solve the incident immediately, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum sought to send a special commission to investigate the matter. Queen Amidala, however, committed to ending the conflict on her homeworld as soon as she could, sought a Vote of No Confidence in Valorum's leadership at the behest of Naboo Senator Sheev Palpatine. The vote succeeded, and in the aftermath of the Battle of Naboo, Senator Palpatine won the election and became the new Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.
The Separatist CrisisEdit
Farr continued to serve as senator during the Separatist Crisis, and by 22 BBY, he was present with his aides when the Senate agreed to grant Chancellor Palpatine emergency powers, allowing him to establish the Grand Army of the Republic.
The Clone WarsEdit
As the Clone Wars erupted into a pan-galactic conflict, Farr was present in the office of the Chancellor when Jabba Desilijic Tiure made contact with the Republic, pleading for aid in finding and rescuing his son, Rotta the Hutt.
Some time afterward, when Farr was in Rodia, his planet was invaded by pirates that destroyed Rodia's supply ships. Afterwards, Rodia's citizens were starving without any food. Separatist leader Nute Gunray realized that this was the perfect opportunity to turn Rodia over to the Separatists. Gunray told Farr that he would supply Rodia with food, ships and protection if Farr would help him capture Senator Amidala. Farr, determined to save his planet, agreed to Gunray's offer. He contacted Amidala and asked her if she could come personally to Rodia.
Mission to RodiaEdit
When Amidala arrived on Rodia, she and Farr had a brief conversation about their friendship and the Republic's relief effort to help Rodia. Farr then told Amidala about Gunray's offer and informed her that he had joined the Separatists. Amidala then was captured by battle droids.
Soon, Farr got the news that Gunray had arrived and that there were no sign of Amidala's friends. Thinking they fled in the jungle, Farr went to greet Gunray. As they walked to Amidala's cell, they spotted Jar Jar Binks whom they thought was a Jedi because of his cloak. Gunray ordered the droids to destroy him, but Binks got away. Later, Farr asked why the supplies hasn't arrived yet. Gunray said that his request will be taken into consideration after Amidala's execution. Farr shocked, said that wasn't part of their deal, but Gunray interrupted and said that Rodia was now under their protection. Farr realized he'd been tricked into joining the Separatists and that the "Jedi" was their only hope.
Later, Amidala escaped from prison and started an ensuing battle. Meanwhile, Binks fell into the ocean. At some point in the battle, there was a great explosion in the ocean. Assuming Bink's was dead, Amidala stopped fighting to mourn. The Separatists surrounded Amidala. To Farr's horror, Gunray ordered them to kill Amidala. Farr begged Gunray not to kill her, but Gunray refused.
Then Binks came up with a sea creature and defeated the Separatists. At the end of the battle, Farr came up with a blaster to Gunray. Gunray pleaded with Farr to shoot Binks and Amidala but Farr refused.Farr thanked Binks and said he was ethier the most brave or foolish Jedi he had ever met. Then Palpatine holographically promised Farr that he'd send supplies to Rodia.
Skirmish aboard the CoronetEdit
In 21 BBY, he attended a Senate meeting and after that he exited almost immediately prior to the Mission to Cato Neimoidia.
Later, he was at Sundari's spaceport and spoke with Senator Kin Robb. Duchess Satine Kryze invited Farr to join her on a voyage on the Coronet. On the Coronet, he was present when Kryze and Obi Wan Kenobi argued over Mandalore's neutrality. At dinner that very night, assassin droids started attacking the cruiser. After hearing the news, the dinner guests and Kryze herself stood up. Kenobi defended them. At some point, he fell on the ground. After he got up, everyone had dinner again. But Kenobi decided to test the guests and see who's responsible for bring the droids aboard. He had one of the terrorist droids in a jar and said it would try to kill everyone except its master. They realized it was Tal Merik. Merik immediately flicked the jar and it tried to attack Kryze but Kenobi knocked it to the floor. It then tried to attack Farr but Kenobi destroyed it. Eventually, the Coronet docked at its station and all of its guests left. After that, he walked down the halls after a Senate meeting.
Later, he attended Senator Philo's meeting about the Enhanced privacy invasion bill. Unfortunately he become a hostage with other senators in the Senate building in Coruscant by bounty hunters under Cad Bane. When the bounty hunters left the senators with bombs around them, Farr thought they should wait. However, Skywalker knew that it was bad idea. Farr and the others Senators were saved from the explosion after Skywalker made a hole in the floor.
He was present at the Senate Building later on when the electricity went out. Onaconda was present in a Senate meeting and witnessed Padmé announcing that not all Separatists are evil but all the other senators disagree. After the meeting, he accompanied Padmé and said he was sorry for her disgrace at the Senate. He, Bail Organa and Amidala decide that they should take a loan for more logistic supplies in order to gain some means of fighting the deregulation bill. But however Amidala and Farr learned that not only that the Clan is charging the Republic an extraordinarily high interest rate of 25 percent, which by itself would drain public funds for many of their social programs, but also that they are financing more than three million Separatist battle droids as well.
That night, Farr was beaten up by bounty hunters Robonino and Chata Hyoki and got a broken arm in the incident, but he assures Amidala that no matter what, he'd always vote to reject the bill. Later, he congratulated Amidala on her speech. Later, they lost one vote for no more clone troopers in the Senate. Later, Padmé gave another speech. After that, Farr greeted her.
Mon Mothma, Purs, Farr, Organa and Amidala decided to have drinks in honor of the speech. While they were talking a private conversation, Halle Burtoni came in and started saying that for once, Amidala actually made sense. She insisted that it was private and Burtoni asked if it was Separatist conspiracy. Farr then told her to leave and as Burtoni left, she told everyone that the war won't end soon. Mothma said he's doing a great job supporting them. Farr said he's only trying to do what's right and he wished he did that long ago. But Mothma insisted he was doing it now. Then Senator Organa did a toast for victory. After that, everyone, except Purs, drank their drinks. But after Farr drank his drink, he started complaining about his heart while Amidala asked what was wrong. Farr then dropped his drink to the floor and fell down dead. Amidala held Farr while she frantically screamed for help.
Following Farr's death, a funeral ceremony was conducted, and was attended by fellow senators, Jedi Council members, Chancellor Palpatine and Honor Guards. In Silood's eulogy, he mentioned that Farr was a flawed man, but had never compromised his principles and always acted with his people's needs in mind. Following the funeral, Senator Amidala and Purs were summoned to the Chancellor's office and were informed by Lieutenant Tan Divo that Farr was murdered by poison. During the course of Divo's official investigation, and Amidala's covert investigation, it was discovered that Purs was the assassin and was subsequently arrested after a struggle.
Behind the scenesEdit
Onaconda Farr was first introduced as the senator of Rodia in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, released May 16, 2002 and was portrayed by Zuraya Hamilton, who was also the department coordinator for Attack of the Clones. He was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (Retcon)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Ultimate Star Wars
- ; (Images 17, 19, and 20)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)
- ; image #18 (of 29)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas established that the Second Battle of Geonosis occured in 21 BBY, and the Battle of Dathomir occurred in 20 BBY. Because the episode "Senate Murders," where the funeral of Onaconda Farr takes place, is after "Legacy of Terror" and before "Massacre," then it can be deduced that the events of "Senate Murders" occur during this timeframe.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"