- "Vet your next adjutant more closely. I will be watching them as closely as they watch me."
- ―Darth Vader, to Cassio Tagge after Oon-ai's death
Oon-ai was a human male lieutenant who served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. In the aftermath of the Battle of Yavin, he became the adjutant of the Sith Lord Darth Vader at Grand General Cassio Tagge's command. However, Vader killed Oon-ai shortly after destroying a space station controlled by a group of pirates, an act which he defended by accusing the Imperial officer of treason.
- "However, in this time of realignment, I've assigned you an adjutant. This is Lieutenant Oon-ai. He'll be reporting personally to me, on all matters. Will this be a problem?"
"We will see."
- ―Cassio Tagge and Darth Vader
Lieutenant Oon-ai was a military officer of the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. Following the destruction of the Death Star in the Battle of Yavin, Emperor Sheev Palpatine placed Darth Vader under the command of Grand General Cassio Tagge, who ordered the Dark Lord of the Sith to take on Oon-ai as an adjutant. In addition to reporting Vader's activities to Tagge, the officer's assignment gave him full access to Vader's communications history.
After tracking a group of pirates to their base, Vader proceeded with a direct assault on the space station, bringing Oon-ai and a squad of stormtroopers with him. The Imperial strike team succeeded in killing the station's crew, although one of the pirates managed to set the base to self-destruct. Oon-ai followed Vader farther into the station, the general's orders compelling him to remain at Vader's side while the latter retrieved the pirates' computer records.
Following the destruction of the pirate station, Vader killed Oon-ai and brought his corpse to Tagge on the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Annihilator. The Sith Lord claimed that the data he downloaded from the pirates' computer system included evidence of Oon-ai's treason and therefore cautioned the general to vet his next adjutant more carefully. Later, Vader destroyed an astromech droid after it assured him that all evidence of its data upload had been purged.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I…I…I… These are my orders. If you refuse…I'll have to report it to the General. Please comply."
- ―Oon-ai, to Darth Vader
Oon-ai was a human male who had black hair, brown eyes, and light skin. As an Imperial officer serving under Cassio Tagge's command, he followed the general's orders to letter by monitoring Darth Vader while acting as the Sith's adjutant. In this capacity, he was required to remain at Vader's side, even during hostile situations. Oon-ai also sought access to Vader's communications; the Sith Lord not only objected to this idea, but also dismissed Oon-ai as a meddling clerk. Nevertheless, Oon-ai insisted that it was his duty and threatened to report Vader to Tagge unless he complied with the request.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 3: Vader, Part III (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 9: Shadows and Secrets, Part III (Indirect mention only)