The Ophideraan flying serpents were giant flying reptiles—essentially winged snakes—native to the planet Ophideraan. The serpents were hatched from eggs in a breeding ground within the caverns under the planet's surface.
The serpents were used as riding beasts by the group known as the Serpent Masters. The warriors found the beasts responded to certain ultrasonic tones and pulses. Tyrann used a transmitter held within his medallion to send special tones to the serpents, effectively controlling their movements.
- The Serpent Masters (First appearance)
- The Art of Star Wars Galaxy
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 60 (TAN1-4, Tanith Shire)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia