- "To walk the path of the Jedi, one's spirit must be strong. That requires discipline."
- ―Oppo Rancisis
Oppo Rancisis was a member of the Jedi High Council, the governing body of the Jedi Order, when Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn revealed that the Sith had returned and that he believed Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One destined to bring balance to the Force. Jinn requested that the boy be tested for Jedi training and admitted into the Jedi Order. The Council, at first, refused the request, due to the boy's age and his emotional attachments to his mother, but, after Jinn's death during the Battle of Naboo, they granted his dying wish: that Jinn's Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, be allowed to train Skywalker.
Ten years later, during the Secessionist Movement, Rancisis continued to serve on the Jedi Council. He served on the Council throughout the Clone Wars, watching the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems unfold. He was present when Grand Master Yoda claimed to hear a voice of a long-dead friend—Qui-Gon Jinn, though Yoda did not reveal this—and that he believed it was a spirit who had managed to retain their identity after death. He participated in a meditation between the Council members in order to see if the Masters could sense Jinn's presence.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rancis was set to make another appearance in Star Wars: The Clone Wars where his lightsaber would be visible, however the show was canceled before the blade made an appearance. Designs for the lightsaber were based on the Count Dooku's lightsaber and were revealed by Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo in their The Untold Clone Wars panel at Celebration Anaheim in 2015.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Big Bang"
- Dark Disciple (Appears in hologram)