- "By reading the spurious reports from Coruscant regarding our withdrawal from such temporary worlds as Raxus Prime and Ord Janon, the Republic would have its citizenry believe we are on the run."
Ord Janon was an Outer Rim Territories planet located within the Spinward sector. During the Pius Dea Era, it served as an Ordnance/Regional Depot for the Galactic Republic. Millennia later, when the Republic was at war with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Ord Janon was occupied by Confederate forces.
Ord Janon served as an Ordnance/Regional Depot outpost for the Galactic Republic during the Pius Dea Era, a period of time that lasted between 12,000 BBY and 11,000 BBY. Millennia later, during the conflict between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems known as the Clone Wars, Confederate forces once had to withdraw to Ord Janon, which they occupied at the time.
During the war, Republic-controlled news media issued reports stating its military forces had conquered several critical Confederate strongholds. In response, in a 14:2:14 release of the CIS Shadowfeed news and propaganda program, the Confederacy's leader, Count Dooku, labeled Republic reports mentioning the Confederate withdrawal from the "temporary" worlds of Ord Janon and Raxus Prime as "spurious."
The Ord Janon system was attacked by the military forces of the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong species during its conquest of the galaxy at some point between 25 ABY and 26 ABY. The star system was still under the control of those invaders by 27 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ord Janon was mentioned in "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:2:14 Edition," an article written by Pablo Hidalgo as an in-universe news report. It was published in the sixty-fifth issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine on January 21, 2003. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Ord Janon system, and therefore the planet Ord Janon, in grid square N-2.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ord Janon system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 screenshot) . "planets not assigned a system in [a] published source can be assumed to reside in [the] system of [the] same name." (
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas indicates that planets having "Ord" as part of their names served as Galactic Republic outposts known as Ordnance/Regional Depots during the Pius Dea Era.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 420 ("Ord Janon")
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:2:14 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 65