During the Great Galactic War, the forces of the reformed Sith Empire attacked Ord Radama, under the command of the Sith Lord Darth Malgus. Intially successful, Malgus' forces laid siege to Livien Magnus, the capital of Ord Radama, and after a week the city fell to them. However, the Sith forces were not subsequently resupplied and a few weeks later, the Republic sent a fleet to Ord Radama, to drive the Sith from the planet. The Republic ships decimated Malgus' fleet and during the engagment, a stricken Sith Harrower-class dreadnought plummeted into the atmosphere of Ord Radama and crashed into Livien Magnus, destroying the city and killing one hundred thousand of the world's inhabitants. The Sith subsequently abandoned Ord Radama and the city New Raido became the planet's new capital. However, in the aftermath of the attack, the Ord Radama natives struggled to survive, while the Republic did little to fortify the world.
Several months later, the Sith Emperor, the ruler of the Sith Empire, ordered Malgus to retake Ord Radama, and Malgus launched a fresh attack on the world. The invasion did not go smoothly and Malgus' forces were confounded by the forces of the Jedi Order, but Malgus remained confident that he would be victorious.
Ord Radama was quickly brought under the rule of the Galactic Empire to serve as a staging post in pacifying the Outer Rim. The people of Ord Radama initially welcomed the strength and stability the Empire offered, though this relative peace was provided through the systematic oppression of any dissidents or rebels.
Ellor Orgraal eventually became the Governor of Ord Radama and solidified his power by crushing anyone who spoke out against the Empire or himself. General Xantus commanded the stormtroopers garrisoned on the planet and reported directly to Governor Orgraal, who believed he had the final say in all matters on his world. However, General Xantus actually took his orders from the Imperial Intelligence Service, the true power behind the military on the world.
Under the Empire, the native Devlikks were forced into servitude and, in many instances, outright slavery. Relocated in the poorest areas of the planet to make way for Imperial housing, they lived in makeshift homes and horrible conditions. Many worked in the industrial sector or as servants for the local nobles. The Devlikks came to harbor a deep hatred of the Empire and began to form a small resistance movement under the leadership of Narralla. These rebels started to quietly gather intel for the Alliance, using their positions as servants to their advantage.
During the Galactic Civil War, the planet had a strong military presence and was protected by infrequent patrols of Imperial-class Star Destroyers and the Interdictor-class Star Destroyer Eternal Wrath. In 0 ABY, a small band of Rebels came to Ord Radama in order to rescue Senior Advisor Setenna Hase, a valuable Alliance leader who was kidnapped by Var Narek, a traitor and an Imperial spy operating for Captain Malau Jocaos of the Imperial Intelligence.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- "Hammer"—Star Wars Insider 147 (Mentioned only)
- Onslaught at Arda I (First appearance)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- "Galaxy Map"—Star Wars Insider 65
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 2.31 2.32 2.33 2.34 2.35 2.36 2.37 2.38 2.39 2.40 2.41 2.42 2.43 2.44 2.45 2.46 Onslaught at Arda I
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Essential Guide to Warfare