28 standard hours
412 local days
Type II (breath mask suggested)
|Points of interest|
- "A bounty hunter there claims to have penetrated the Imperial shipyards at Ord Trasi and is offering to sell us information about their new building program."
"I've dealt with my share of bounty hunters. What makes Colonel Derlin think we can trust him?"
"The smuggler offered what he said was a free sample: the information that there are three Imperial Star Destroyers within a month of completion out there."
- ―Winter and Leia Organa Solo
Conditions on the planet were favorable to a majority of the galaxy's citizens.
Ord Trasi was a planet rich in natural resources: metals, minerals, ores and crystals. This allowed the planet to become a major shipbuilding world. Space platforms completely encircled the planet, defended in turn by a number of defense platforms. Mining and smelting was carried out by droid labor on the planet's two moons. Ord Trasi's resources also enabled the planet to be a manufacturer of weapons and communication gear.
Established as a jump-off point and refueling depot for exploration missions, the Ord Trasi outpost saw heavy usage and gradually improved the level of its ship maintenance facilities, eventually becoming the major construction center. Ord Trasi itself was typical of most planets that serve as shipbuilding centers.
During the Imperial Period, Ord Trasi was primarily responsible for the construction of capital combat starships. By 4 ABY, the planet had become an Imperial fortress world. After the arrival of Thrawn, Ord Trasi's output was turned entirely to Imperial Star Destroyer production. By 9 ABY Wing Commander Diblen Harleys was investigating the information that at least three Imperial-class Star Destroyers were under construction at the shipyards there.
The world was captured and occupied by the Yuuzhan Vong as they swept through the Outer Rim during the early stages of their invasion of the galaxy. Ord Trasi would later be liberated from the alien invaders by the Imperial Remnant and would remain under Imperial control.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- The Last Command (First mentioned)
- Vision of the Future
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 The Last Command Sourcebook
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Vision of the Future
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi Companion, p. 111
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 126
- ↑ The Last Command