This silver necklace was worn by Princess Leia Organa during the awards ceremony after the Battle of Yavin. It was an ancient heirloom of the Alderaanian royal family that they had owned for dozens of generations.
Behind the scenesEdit
This piece of jewelry was designed by the famous Finnish designer Björn Weckström. It was produced by Lapponia Jewelry from 1969 until 1981. Its real world name is The Planetary Valleys. The necklace is made from sterling silver with a matte finish. George Lucas had requested an original piece of jewelry from Björn Wecktröm. Due to time constraints, Lucas had to resort to buying a ready piece of jewelry from the designer's catalogue.
Despite being generally described as having been made of silver, pg. 219 of the Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel refers to it as "chalcedony waves—Leia Organa's signet of office."
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- The Day after the Death Star!
- Star Wars 3-D 1
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Organa's Ceremonial Necklace)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic