A volcanic world, Orin occupied the second-planet position within the Bespin system in the Outer Rim Territories. The planet had an elliptical orbit, passing through the asteroids of the nearby Velser's Ring twice during its year. The planet's black surface was rocked by frequent groundquakes and covered with rivers of lava and erupting volcanoes. Orin's surface temperature was unbearably high and its atmosphere was choked with thick soot and ash that rained down from the sky.
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 5 (BES1, Bespin)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas