|Oro Dassyne's Bomis Koori IV fort|
- "I wonder how many they'll send. We've got so much firepower in here, these walls are ray-shielded. They can't take this fort. It'll probably be, uh, fifty Jedi. They'll need at least that many. Huh, maybe a hundred Jedi! They'll never take this base with less. Ha, they'll need an army of Jedi!"
- ―Oro Dassyne
Oro Dassyne, a male Koorivar General in the Confederacy of Independent Systems army, maintained a fort on the planet Bomis Koori IV during the Clone Wars. The ray shielded structure helped the Corporate Alliance, an ally of the Confederacy, since the planet was crucial to the defense of surrounding star systems. Due to its importance, Dassyne increased the fort's defensive artillery. Along with the defensive emplacements, a number of B1 battle droids stood guard within the structure. However, when two Jedi—Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker—invaded the world, Dassyne perished during the onslaught, and his fort's defensive systems failed to stop the Jedi's forces. The Republic later won the battle.
Gray in color, the fort had ray shielded walls. Since the planet Bomis Koori IV was important to the Corporate Alliance, as it was described to be the fulcrum of its defense of surrounding star systems, Confederate General Oro Dassyne, who maintained the fort, increased the structure's defensive arsenal. As a result of the weapons buildup, laser cannon emplacements were present throughout the facade of the structure. The cocky General believed that the structure itself was impenetrable and imagined that it would take an army of Jedi to capture it. Along with Dassyne, a number of B1 battle droids were present in the fort.
- "I have a visual."
"I think so."
"How many? A thousand?"
"Forty? Come on, how many?"
"What!? Gimme those!"
- ―A battle droid and Dassyne converse in the fort
Around the third year of the Clone Wars, Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker initiated an attack on Bomis Koori IV. Despite the fact that Dassyne believed his fort was Jedi resistant, both Kenobi and Skywalker infiltrated Dassyne's base and deactivated the ray shield protecting the fort, rendering it vulnerable to the Republic's orbital bombardment of the world and direct strikes from ground forces. Dassyne was killed during the attack, and the Republic later won the battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
The fort first appeared in the twenty-second chapter of the Star Wars: Clone Wars television series, which aired on March 22, 2005. Origins of the fort and Dassyne's background were later expanded in Dassyne's Databank entry on StarWars.com. The The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, released in 2006, also mentioned the two.
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Bomis Koori IV," "Dassyne, General Oro")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"
- ↑ Chee, Leland Y. (2005-03-29). Star Wars: Message Boards: EU Leadup to Revenge of the Sith (English) (Online forum). StarWars.com Message Boards. StarWars.com. Archived from the original on June 16, 2010. Retrieved on January 16, 2012.
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Alien Species