The orray had great strength and a quick gait. To be tamed, these creatures had to have their stinger-tipped tails removed, much like castration. This also served to make the orrays more docile. Wild orrays were known to feast on the larvae of Geonosian young, devouring thousands in a single meal. The orrays used their long snouts to root inside the sensitive egg chambers of Geonosian hives.
Orrays were used as mounts for Geonosian Picadors on Geonosis. Several were ridden in the Petranaki arena during executions involving beasts such as reeks, nexus, and acklays. During the early stages of the Clone Wars, they were occasionally ridden by super battle droids armed with flamethrowers.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (cut content, Unreal Editor only)
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- "Death in the Catacombs"—Star Wars Insider 79
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Miniatures: Clone Strike
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams