Biology and appearanceEdit
Ortolans were a sentient species of squat, blue-skinned bipeds with trunk-like noses and two beady black eyes. They also possessed small mouths filled with blunted teeth behind their noses and a pair of large, floppy ears, which were sensitive to sound and used to store fat. Lacking arms, Ortolans instead manipulated objects using their feet, whose articulated toes were able to adsorb food and drink. According to Inspector Thanoth, their secretions were "quite distinctive." Ortolans were capable of speaking Basic and their average lifespan was 71+ years.
- Star Wars: Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I (Appears as a corpse)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Ortolan)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV
- ↑ "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"