- "Ortolan secretions are quite distinctive."
- ―Inspector Thanoth
Biology and appearanceEdit
Ortolans were a sentient species of squat, blue-skinned bipeds with trunk-like noses and two beady black eyes. They also possessed small mouths filled with blunted teeth behind their noses and a pair of large, floppy ears, which were sensitive to sound and used to store fat. Lacking arms, Ortolans instead manipulated objects using their feet, whose articulated toes were able to absorb food and drink. According to Inspector Thanoth, their secretions were "quite distinctive." Ortolans were capable of speaking Galactic Basic and their average lifespan was 71+ years.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Padawan Path"
- Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Stranger"
- Bounty Hunt
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I (Appears as a corpse)
- Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV
- Star Wars 34: The Thirteen Crates
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Mines of Graballa" (Appears in hologram)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Ortolan)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV
- ↑ "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"