Óscar Isaac Hernández (born March 9, 1979) known professionally as Oscar Isaac, is a Guatemalan-American actor who portrays Poe Dameron in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. His involvement was first announced on April 29, 2014.
Isaac's first lead role was that of Saint Joseph in Catherine Hardwicke's The Nativity Story (2006), co-starring Keisha Castle-Hughes as the Virgin Mary. He subsequently appeared in Ridley Scott's Body of Lies (2008) and Robin Hood (2010), portraying King John in the latter, as well as Balibo (2009), Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, Madonna's W.E., and Drive (2011) as well as The Bourne Legacy (2012).
He received acclaim as the title character of Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), and starred in the thrillers The Two Faces of January and A Most Violent Year (2014). In 2015 he appeared in Ex Machina with fellow The Force Awakens actor Domhnall Gleeson. Subsequent roles include Mayor Nick Wasicsko in the HBO biographical series Show Me a Hero, and the title villain of X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).
Work in Star WarsEdit
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Poe Dameron)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (Poe Dameron)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Poe Dameron)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (Poe Dameron)
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Resistance (Poe Dameron)
- Star Wars: Episode IX (Poe Dameron)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9
- ↑ Nicholson, Max (March 20, 2015). Oscar Isaac Will be Back for Star Wars: Episode VIII, Lobbied for X-Men: Apocalypse Role. IGN. Retrieved on March 20, 2015.
- ↑ Hiatt, Brian (May 18, 2016). Oscar Isaac: The Internet's Boyfriend Becomes a Leading Man. Rolling Stone. Retrieved on May 18, 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ The Telegraph - "Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer, review: 'spine-tingling'"
- Oscar Isaac on Wikipedia