|Otoh Gunga Zoological Research Facility|
The Otoh Gunga Zoological Research Facility was a zoo located in the Gungan city of Otoh Gunga and the most popular attraction of the city. It was, like most zoos, a place where wild animals could be seen. Some of the specimens included the Colo claw fish and Gooberfish, as it was primarily for marine animals that inhabited the swamps of Naboo. Yr'Apaly Omin was an animal keeper in the zoo.
Sometime before the Invasion of Naboo, Jar Jar Binks accidentally deactivated half the hydrostatic bubbles containing the wildlife. Releasing several animals from the zoo into the city caused a major commotion and upset Boss Rugor Nass, who sentenced Binks to six months of hard labor in the Quarry penal colony.
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core (First appearance)
- Episode I Adventures 10: Festival of Warriors (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 12: The Bongo Rally (Mentioned only)
- "The Death of Captain Tarpals"—Star Wars Tales 3 (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Jar Jar Binks entry)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 5 (JAR3, Jar Jar Binks)