The Ottega system, also called the Ottegan system, the Ithori system or Ithorian system, was a star system located in the Lesser Plooriod Cluster of the Mid Rim's Ottega sector. It centered around the star Ottega, and its orbitals included Ithor, an asteroid belt, and two gas giant.
The unusually dense outer portions of the Ottega system consisted of 69 planets and 565 moons.
In 3 ABY, Imperial forces loyal to the Galactic Empire were tasked with the destruction of Imperial traitors who had aligned themselves with the Rebel Alliance while under the command of the treacherous Admiral Harkov. Having dealt with Harkov himself, Darth Vader led a task force into the Ottega system that eventually saw the complete destruction of Harkov's traitor forces and the Rebels who had attempted to intervene. It was during this campaign that Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin launched his coup d'etat against Emperor Palpatine in his attempt to usurp control of the Empire.
- Knights of the Old Republic 49: Demon, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 7: Capture Arawynne (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 8: Togorian Trap (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (First appearance)
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First mentioned)
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance) (as Ithorian system)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Dark Empire endnotes
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "The Essential Guide to Star Wars Aliens"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 3 (as Ottego star system)
- The Essential Chronology
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- (As "Ithor system")