Ottegans were a genetic offshoot of the sentient Ithorian species, with whom they shared the Ottega system. Their physiology was similar to that of the Ithorians, with a hammer-shaped head and an elongated face with wide-set eyes, except that Ottegans had only one mouth set low on their necks while the Ithorians had two, one on either side. As a result, Ithorians referred to their cousins as hrumgatha—"lone mouths"—and joked that Ottegans' physiology meant that they need to talk twice as much to be heard. Geneticists argued for millennia about the exact relationship between the two species.
- Star Wars 28: Yoda's Secret War, Part III
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Lost Stars (First appearance)
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars 34: The Thirteen Crates
- Han Solo, Part I
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Appears as a corpse)
- "All Creatures Great and Small"
- "High Noon on Jakku"
- "The Face of Evil"
- Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log