- "How, then, should the galaxy that lies before us be apportioned out? Should Coruscant alone say where the colony ships are to be most profitably sent? Or should it stand aside while a thousand thousand species, planets, and organizations launch a thousand thousand ships to a thousand thousand new worlds? My mind rebels at both ideas, my friends—as, I suspect, does yours. And so here we stand, seeking a middle path that may not exist."
- ―Senator Fird of Alsakan, Hearings on the Matter of Creating an Outer Expansion Zone
The Outer Expansion Zone was was an area of space laid out around 700 BBY in an effort to speed the slowing advancement of colonization. It was pushed forward by the megacorporations in the galaxy. These corporations, however, trampled the rights of beings as they exploited the newly settled planets. Two such organizations were the Trade Federation and the Expansionist Oligarchy.
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters (First mentioned)
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook