Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Outer Rim Sieges (20–19 BBY) were the series of fierce battles that took place throughout the planets of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, such as Saleucami and Mygeeto, which marked the final phase of the Clone Wars.
Fighting in the Outer RimEdit
- "The marshaling of our other forces on the Outer Rim—at Xagobah, Siskeen, Clak'dor VII, and Sluis Van—is also near completion. The war will soon be decided."
- ―Count Dooku
From the beginning of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, the Galactic Republic struggled to gain an advantage over the Confederacy of Independent Systems. By 19.48 BBY, thirty months into the conflict, the Republic, having finally committed enough of its industrial might toward the war effort, was winning the war. The Republic won a series of key battles at Duro, Commenor, and Balmorra, driving the Confederacy from its bases in the Core Worlds and the Colonies regions of the galaxy. The Confederate Navy retreated to the Mid Rim and the Outer Rim Territories, reinforcing its vast holdings on both sides of the Slice. Count Dooku also had other Confederate forces marshaled at Xagobah, Siskeen, Clak'dor VII, and Sluis Van. The Outer Rim Sieges began when, in response to the Separatist retreat, the Republic became fully committed to pummeling CIS bases at the borders of the Rim. Besides targeting Ryloth and Ossus, Jedi-led fleets from the Republic Navy assaulted Ord Radama and New Bornalex in an effort to reach Celanon and Count Dooku's homeworld of Serenno. Republic forces pursued the Separatists from Commenor to Kashyyyk, eventually sparking the Battle of Kashyyyk; and also from Duro to Bomis Koori IV, Tar Morden, and Sarrish, with further fighting break out at Triton and Llanic. Republic battle groups launched from Excarga and Rothana to clear the outer Corellian Run, attacking Siskeen and Tellanroaeg.
Besides the Battle of Kashyyyk, pivotal battles of the Outer Rim Sieges became the Battle of Boz Pity (19.43 BBY), the Siege of Saleucami, and the Battle of Felucia in 19 BBY. Jedi General Traavis led a series of campaigns against the Cassandran Worlds of Monhudle, New Bakstre, and Biitu, later moving his forces to assault Garqi. Jedi Master Plo Koon's victory at the Ywllandr system allowed Jedi General Ki-Adi-Mundi to invade Mygeeto. Another battlefront became Belderone, where General Grievous had planned to hide the Separatist Council, forcing him to move the Council to Utapau. Morale in the Core became high, as much of the Republic citizenry believed that the end of the war was near.
In reality, the purpose of the Outer Rim Sieges was to enmesh the majority of the Republic's forces at the fringes of its borders. Once committed, the Jedi and their detachments from the Grand Army of the Republic found themselves unable to break off, leaving Coruscant and the Core Worlds vulnerable. With the Republic's attention focused in the Outer Rim, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine—with the Jedi Order about to discover his secret alter ego of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious—ordered General Grievous, as Sidious, to target the Republic capital world of Coruscant, six months into the Outer Rim Sieges.
Victory for the RepublicEdit
- "You missed the report on the Outer Rim Sieges."
"I'm sorry, I was held up. I have no excuse."
"In short, they are going very well. Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
The Sieges—and the war in general—were brought to an abrupt end when Palpatine ordered the Republic's clone troopers to carry out Order 66, a contingency plan meant to exterminate all the Jedi should they ever betray the Republic. Spread thinly throughout the galaxy and isolated from each other, the Jedi were caught off guard when their clone soldiers turned on them, and most of them were killed immediately in the opening minutes of what became the Great Jedi Purge. On Mustafar, Darth Vader killed the Separatist Council and deactivated the droid armies, bringing the CIS to an end. Palpatine then declared himself Emperor of the galaxy, and reorganized the Republic into the Galactic Empire.
Battles of the Outer Rim SiegesEdit
- Battle of Biitu
- Battle of Monhudle
- Battle of New Bakstre
- 19 BBY—Battle of the Ywllandr system
- 19 BBY—Battle of Mygeeto
- 19 BBY—Battle of Garqi
- 19 BBY—Battle of Acherin
- Battle of Jabiim
- 19.48 BBY—Battle of Ossus
- 19.48 BBY—Siege of Saleucami
- 19.43 BBY—Battle of Boz Pity
- 19 BBY—Battle of Bal'demnic
- 19 BBY—Battle of Felucia
- 19 BBY—Battle of Belderone
- 19 BBY—Battle of Murkhana
- 19 BBY—Battle of Toola
- 19 BBY—Battle of Dellalt
- 19 BBY—Battle of Kashyyyk
- Battle of Llanic
- Battle of Siskeen
- 19.48 BBY—Battle of Ryloth
- 19 BBY—Mission to Ruhe
- 19 BBY—Second Battle of Tythe
- 19 BBY—Battle of Nelvaan
- 19 BBY—Recapture of Tythe
- 19 BBY—Battle of Tellanroaeg
- 19 BBY—Battle of Ragmar V
- Battle of Sluis Van
- Battle of Triton
- 19.42 BBY—Battle of Xagobah
- 19 BBY—Battle of Orto
- 19 BBY—Battle of Utapau
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth (Mentioned only)
- Clone Wars Gambit: Siege (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"
- Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Obsession
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 24"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novelization
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (First mentioned) (As "Outer Rim Wars")
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Republic 73: Trackdown, Part 2
- ↑ "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"