Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An outlaw tech was a technician whose speciality lay in unorthodox mechanical work that was questionable by factory and safety standards (if not outright illegal). This ranged from performing repairs and modifications on smuggling ships to building and modifying military-grade hardware such as weapons, explosives, and communications equipment. Under the broadest definition, this could even encompass technical crew working for pirates.
Several outlaw technicians lacked the formal training possessed by professional engineers, but instead got by on their instinctive mechanical genius. Given the nature of their business, an outlaw tech's work could be a mix of anything from salvaged parts and space tape to stolen military hardware and top-secret prototypes. Some were skilled enough to reverse-engineer complex devices and even develop their own, able to exceed anything else on the market (legal or otherwise). They tended to be efficient, competent, discreet, and mobile; they often changed their base of operations to avoid security forces and the competition or otherwise operate out of remote or hidden areas, such as Shug Ninx's Spacebarn.
Many outlaw techs also tended to become utterly absorbed in their projects, sometimes forgetting food and rest while they worked. In light of how often things such as ships and weapons needed repairs, the outlaw techs were a critical part of the underworld.
- In the Name of the Maker (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Han Solo at Stars' End comic
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- "Rebel Privateers!"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- Heroes & Rogues
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- Stock Ships
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Hero's Guide
- Threats of the Galaxy
- (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – Most Wanted Expansion Pack (Card: Outlaw Tech)
- Fly Casual