- "Was it not you who suggested the creation of oversectors and oversector governance as a means of enhancing our control?"
- ―Emperor Palpatine, to Wilhuff Tarkin
In the Galactic Empire, an oversector, also called priority sector, was an area of space that contained several planetary sectors and was headed by a Grand Moff. Those Grand Moffs were responsible for maintaining control beneath them, keeping the Moffs—or sector governors—in line. One such sector was the Bright Jewel Oversector.
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles (First identified as priority sector)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files